Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Miss America Fitness

Next year I will be competing in the preliminary competitions for Miss America so I am on a mission to get my body in the best possible shape. I figured if I start a year in advance I won't have to do any crazy crash dieting, I will be able to transform my body and my eating habits which will also have a positive impact on my health.

I am not a dieter - I love food way too much! I don't enjoy starving myself no matter how skinny it makes me. If I don't get enough food it makes me sick so I did tons of research until I came up with a plan that works for me. So I am doing a combination of the Weight Watchers Point System and the Abs Diet. I love to cook and I keep developing healthy (and yummy!) recipes which I will share with you all. Each recipe doesn't taste like you're on a diet. They are delicious and FILING! There is no point in dieting if you're still hungry after you eat your alloted meals so by finding the right foods, you can be satisfied and stick to your diet!

You will have to forgive me since I do a lot of measurements by eye and to taste but I will do my best to give you the most accurate measurements. I consider a recipe more like a guideline because there aren't any rules in cooking. If you like something, use it; if you don't, cut it out. Also, You can always add more but you can't take any out if you use too much. So start with the recommended amounts in the recipe and feel free to add more to taste. If you try one of my recipes with a variation, leave a comment and let me know how it turned out!

Happy Dieting!

No comments:

Post a Comment